Experienced guides, the Guide & Outfitters Recognized Professional training program is for you! GORP will raise the value of your guiding services.
Aspiring guides, the Guide & Outfitters Recognized Professional training program will give you a great foundation for your future business.
When the health crisis passes over, people will really be ready for an exceptional outdoor experience lead by a professional GORP certified guide!
While we Shelter-In-Place to prevent the spread of Corona Virus 19 pandemic, online learning is a great way to spend your time and build your business. All courses are online, and you complete them from home on your own schedule. The entire Spring 2020 GORP Guide Training Program tuition-free. Your tuition is 100% free.
Registration is open through June 16, 2020. During the registration process you will be directed to a page (see image below) to set up account with apps.ideal-logic.com with Oregon State University. CLICK HERE for instructions if needed.
BECOME A GORP GUIDE – Guide & Outfitter Recognized Professional !
Choose from two enrollment packages for GORP SPRING 2020:
- GORP FOR OREGON is 4 courses: Global, US, OR, Oregon Coast.
- GORP FOR GLOBAL is 2 courses: Global, US.
GORP SPRING 2020 Syllabus:
- All GORP program courses are free for Spring 2020 session.
- GORP Spring 2020 session opens Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 8:00 am pst
- Proceed through the coursework online from home at your own pace and schedule
- GORP courses close Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 8:00 pm pst . All coursework for all four courses must be completed by this deadline.
- GORP Certificate Presentation & Workshop-Q&A with OSP about Fishing Regulations. Tuesday, June 30 2020 @5:30pm pst, attendance encouraged.
- Industry & Business Management Events. Attendance encouraged. Events subject to change.
The enrollment process will take you to apps.ideal-logic.com. Once your registration has been submitted. You will receive an email confirming your registration. A couple of days later you will receive a second email with details on how to access your course.
As a reminder the web address to log into your courses is https://canvas.instructure.com/
ALSO: “INTERNET EXPLORER” browser will not work for Canvas.