Experienced guides, the Guide & Outfitters Recognized Professional training program is for you! GORP will raise the value of your guiding services.
Aspiring guides, the Guide & Outfitters Recognized Professional training program will give you a great foundation for your future business.
Guide & Outfitters Recognized Professional Training Program! SPRING 2020 SESSION IS FREE
Courses open again April 7, 2020. GORP Certificate presentation on June 30, 2020.
Upcoming Events in Industry & Business Management
Events subject to change.
REGISTER FOR GORP NOW Guide & Outfitters Recognized Professional Training Program courses open again April 7, 2020. GORP Certificate presentation on June 30, 2020. Registration is open now for Guide & Outfitters Recognized Professional Training Program! While we Shelter-In-Place to prevent the spread of Corona Virus 19 pandemic, online learning is a great way to spend your time and build your business. Enter discount code GORPC19 during registration for free tuition.
WEBINAR/CONFERENCE CALL Tuesday, April 7, 2020 @5:30 GORP Certificate Presentation for Winter Session. Todd Thompson Sergeant First Class with Oregon State Police-Fish and Wildlife Division will do Q&A on FISHING REGULATIONS with Q&A. Cyndi Bolduc, Guide/Outfitter Program Coordinator with Oregon State Marine Board is also invited to attend. Hosted by GORP. Free & open to the public.
The Event is next Tuesday and begins at 5:30pm pst :
Attend by computer (with or without camera) click https://oregonstate.zoom.us/j/372207257
Attend by phone dial + 971 247 1195 and enter Meeting ID 372 207 257 (hit “#” when you are asked to enter your participant number)
- WEBINAR on Talking with Your Guests – Tips on Creating Special Value in Your Services. March 10, 2020. Miles Phillips is trained as an interpretation skills instructor. In this webinar, Miles provides information on how to share your knowledge with your guests in an effective and engaging way. Interpretation provides details to facts through a story that connects guests to their own memories and to new exploration. Guests want and need a connection to the outdoors, and when guides provide an effective story-line they add value to guests’ experience. Guides with engaging interpretive skills can demand higher prices and can expect more return and referral business.
WEBINAR on Facebook & Instagram Marketing for Guides, Part 2. February 18, 2020. Paul Clem from YakSocial, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is Part 2 of Paul’s presentation on social media marketing. In this webinar, Paul presents key marketing techniques on Facebook and Instagram that guides can use to drive people to your business. He talks about placing your ad on newsfeeds and other spots. He walks our viewers through the website viewer analytics page in Facebook’s business manager’s account. He outlines paths to reaching “cold” and “warm” audiences, and defines “look-alikes.” Paul talks about methods to track audience behavior on your site and use that knowledge to drive marketing approaches.
- WEBINAR on Facebook & Instagram Marketing for Guides, Part 1. February 11, 2020. Paul Clem from Yak Social, email@example.com.
Paul introduces integrating Facebook & Instagram as an important piece in marketing your business. Paul explains how to engage viewers and promote their sharing of your great services and develop content that promotes sales.
Paul presents more about this topic in his second webinar.
WEBINAR on Salmon Biology & Populations along Oregon Coast. February 4, 2020. Gary Vonderohe of Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife presents key facts about trout, steelhead, coho, and chinook species found along the Oregon Coast. In this 1-hour webinar, Gary shares facts about these fish including identifying features, life cycle, migration patterns, and current population.
- WEBINAR on Survey of Online Marketing Success and Pricing for Oregon Coast Fishing Guides and Tour Operators 2019
Results of applied research by Oregon State University Extension examining the locations, numbers, types and pricing of guided outdoor recreation experiences along the Oregon Coast. This study address charter salmon fishing, kayaking, and whale watching and describes market prices and aspects of relative effectiveness of these businesses in online marketing. This is a companion report to “Assessment of Registered Oregon Coast Outfitters and Guides.” CLICK HERE to view 2019 Marketing Summary
- WEBINAR on Risk Management June 10, 2019 covering liability insurance, survival skills, and tsunami preparedness. Our guest speaker for Liability Insurance is Leslie K. Frazee CIC, CRM. Leslie is the Vice President for Commercial Lines at CBIZ Insurance Services, Inc. | Adventure Sports Insurance in Lewiston, Idaho.
- WEBINAR on How to fill a Go Bag. June 2019 Our guest speaker is Oregon State University Extension’s Frank Burris. Frank is the Watershed Management Extension Agent for OSU serving Coos and Curry Counties in Oregon. He is also a trainer for Winter and Summer Wilderness Survival. Frank is an active member of the Curry County Search and Rescue Team.