GORP PRO: –
Guide, Outfitter, Recognition & Professional Development program is a new program being offered by Oregon Sea Grant/OSU Extension.
GORP 4-H Youth:
A companion program for Youth is also being offered as the GORP 4-H program.
GORP Coastal for Guide/Outfitters/Tour Leaders
- OSU Extension and Oregon Sea Grant are offering new services to support fishing charter guides and other coastal outdoor recreation, businesses. The program is the Guide & Outfitter Recognition and Professional Development (GORP) Program
- This program provides opportunities to have your experience and expertise recognized by a new marketing program.
- The voluntary program provides training aligned with new industry performance and qualification standards.
- The program uses your input to create specialized sessions to address your requested unique marketing or knowledge content. In person and online training.
- Expand your knowledge of coastal flora and fauna
- By registering in advance you will get a coupon for the full cost of the program so you attend for Free. Sponsored by OCVA. To Register and Claim your Coupon . The scholarships are limited in number. Contact your County Extension Agent and /or go online to
GORP 4-H Program
Coastal Entrepreneur -Youth
- Learn about small business development.
- Learn leadership and outdoor skills.
- Meet Professional Guides, go on outings, gain job skills.
- Opportunity to participate in Youth Entrepreneur Day at OSU College of Business in Corvallis April 27th!
- Learn about business development using the outdoor recreation and tourism industry for a business model.
- Create your own business plan and learn from business professionals. Tours, Workshops and Online