FREE Culinary/Ag Tourism Workshop –
Increasing sales and visitation to our communities through local food, drink and agricultural experiences–
The South Coast – Reedsport to Brookings Coquille, Myrtle Point & Powers.
Special focus for this event on local providers
Agritourism, Food Trails, Local Food, Seafood, Farms, Breweries etc.
When: Wednesday April 4th 2018 10am-12pm
Location: Pony Village Mall, North Bend, Oregon Rm 155 (Next to Payless Shoes) – Near Winter Indoor Farmers Market
1611 Virginia Ave #201, North Bend, OR 97459 Google Map
Agenda (Subject to Change)
- Review of South Coast Rural Tourism Network
- Review of the Travel Oregon South Coast Rural Tourism Studio and Grant for Agritourism/Eat Fresh and Local
- Local Seafood & Working Waterfronts
- Examples of Agritourism and Tips for Success
- The Why and How of “Trail Systems” for increasing visitation – Examples and Food & Beverage
- Current Status of the Food Trail effort, how to participate, Q&A
- Conclude Workshop Talks – Invitation to visit the local farmers market ( open until 2pm) at Pony Village Mall and Lunch (on your own with new friends)
Miles Phillips – Assoc. Professor -Tourism Business Development – OSU Extension/Oregon Sea Grant
Jamie Doyle – Community Development Agent – OSU Extension/Oregon Sea Grant
Registration not required but is helpful for our planning. FREE Event
Register Online To Help Us Plan…Thanks!
Culinary/Ag Tourism Workshop Sign Up
Offered by OSU Extension and Local Partners