Find the Tsunami zone map for your specific location
State of Oregon’s TsunamiSafe Training Program
YOUR PCS CERTIFICATE
Download your PRACTICAL CUSTOMER SERVICE – CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
PDF OF CUSTOMER SERVICE
Download your copy of the summary of OSU Practical Customer Service Training Program.
SHARE WHAT YOU KNOW WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS
Find fun tidbits of information to share with guests, including 101 Flora and Fauna found in Oregon, here http://tourism.oregonstate.edu/blog/
A FEW GREAT VIDEOS ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE
5 Customer Service Training Videos that Won’t Cost You a Penny
Customer Service Manager Magazine – the leading resource and community for customer service professionals.
“Happy, engaged, and empowered employees go above and beyond to satisfy the customer.”
- Many people consider the Virgin brand to be the gold standard of customer service. In this video Richard Branson reveals his top 7 customer service secrets.
- The one and only Bob Farrell explains why we should always… “Give em the Pickle!”
- Professional speaker and bestselling author, Shep Hyken, tells his famous customer service story about the amazing taxi cab driver.
- A short preview of the popular customer service training film The Guest, featuring the crabby gas station lady.
- IT customer service expert and author Don R. Crawley explains the four all-star traits of customer service masters.
The Top 10 Customer Service Videos On YouTube
To save you time, we pulled together a collection of the best customer service videos available on the internet. We broke it down into two sections:
- The Top 5 Customer Service Training Videos
- The Top 5 Funny Customer Service Videos
#5. The 7 Essentials to Excellent Customer Service. This 12-minute video digs a little deeper into customer service best practices. David Brownlee offers solid advice on providing excellent customer service, and he’s easy to understand. If you’re wondering if this video is worth your time, check out the social proof …
TRIPLE BOTTOM LINE TRAINING PROGRAMS AVAILABLE
These programs are available online. You complete them from home at your convenience. On-site workshop presentations are also available upon request. During COVID these programs are offered for FREE!
Find out more about all our programs or to sign-up got to http://tourism.oregonstate.edu/training/
- GORP Guide Training Program is designed to raise the quality of services provided by guides and outfitters to their clients. Many complete in under 15-hours. Find a GORP certified guide at https://gorpguide.org
- Know Your Community is designed for those who work directly with the public, especially travelers, to increase customer spending. Many complete in under 45-minutes.
- Oregon Marine Reserve Area Training Program is designed for those who work with the public along the Oregon Coast. Many complete in under 30-minutes. We also have a 5-question trivia game (no registration required) at https://bit.ly/5Q-MRTP
- OSU Extension Practical Customer Service is designed to raise the quality of customer service provided. Many complete in under 30-minutes. No registration required.
WHAT IS SUSTAINABLE TOURISM?
Simply put, it is addressing the triple bottom line.
The United Nation World Tourism Organization (2013) defines sustainable tourism as “tourism that takes full account of its current and future economic, social and environmental impacts, addressing the needs of visitors, the industry, the environment and host communities” .
Oregon Sea Grant’s Sustainable Coastal Tourism and Outdoor Recreation Program works with communities and companies to help them utilize a triple bottom line operational framework to help them, and their communities succeed. Triple bottom line refers to the wellbeing of people, economies, and the environment. Find out more about this program here https://seagrant.oregonstate.edu/tourism
SUSTAINABLE TOURISM & OUTDOOR RECREATION BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Associate Professor – Tourism & Business Development
Oregon Sea Grant/Oregon State University Extension
The Oregon State University Extension Service engages the people of Oregon with research-based knowledge and education that strengthen communities and economies, sustain natural resources, and promote healthy families and individuals.