Your business will benefit when guests gain understanding of the variety of experiences available during their trip and are inspired to return!
Click on the links below to download your copy of visitor information resources !
SOUTHERN OREGON COAST REGION 4: Lakeside, Winchester Bay, Reedsport
SOUTHERN OREGON COAST REGION 3: Coos Bay, North Bend, Charleston
SOUTHERN OREGON COAST REGION 2: Bandon, Coquille, Myrtle Point, Powers
SOUTHERN OREGON COAST REGION 1: Brookings-Harbor, Gold Beach, Port Orford, Langlois, Agness
STOR’S TRIPLE BOTTOM LINE TRAINING PROGRAMS
These programs are available online. You complete them from home at your convenience. On-site workshop presentations are also available upon request. During COVID these programs are offered for FREE!
- GORP Guide Training Program is designed to raise the quality of services provided by guides and outfitters to their clients. Many complete in under 15-hours. Find a GORP certified guide at https://gorpguide.org
- Know Your Community is designed for those who work directly with the public, especially travelers, to increase customer spending. Many complete in under 45-minutes.
- Oregon Marine Reserve Area Training Program is designed for those who work with the public along the Oregon Coast. Many complete in under 30-minutes.
- Oregon Marine Reserve Area Trivia Game is a 5-question trivia game for the public, go to https://bit.ly/5Q-MRTP . No registration required.
- OSU Extension Practical Customer Service is designed to raise the quality of customer service provided. Many complete in under 30-minutes. https://bit.ly/OSU-PCS . No registration required.
Find out more about all our programs or to sign-up go to https://seagrant.oregonstate.edu/tourism/training
WHAT IS SUSTAINABLE TOURISM?
Simply put, it is addressing the triple bottom line.
The United Nation World Tourism Organization (2013) defines sustainable tourism as “tourism that takes full account of its current and future economic, social and environmental impacts, addressing the needs of visitors, the industry, the environment and host communities” .
Oregon Sea Grant’s Sustainable Coastal Tourism and Outdoor Recreation Program works with communities and companies to help them utilize a triple bottom line operational framework to help them, and their communities succeed. Triple bottom line refers to the wellbeing of people, economies, and the environment. Find out more about this program here https://seagrant.oregonstate.edu/tourism
Tsunamisafe training from oregon.gov
SUSTAINABLE TOURISM & OUTDOOR RECREATION (STOR)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Associate Professor – Tourism & Business Development
Oregon Sea Grant/Oregon State University Extension
College of Business, Oregon State University
The Oregon State University Extension Service engages the people of Oregon with research-based knowledge and education that strengthen communities and economies, sustain natural resources, and promote healthy families and individuals.
541-347-5665 (Bandon office)
Wild Rivers Center
57744 Round Lake Rd
Bandon, OR 97411