- The 2007 USDA census data shows that the 23,350 survey respondent farms produced $566 million in total farm income.
- This is approximately $24,239 per farm
- Nationally, income per farm from agritourism has doubled since 2002
- the largest farms involved in recreation—those with at least 1,000 acres—have the highest per farm median recreational income at $4,000
- Medium size farms—those with 250-999 acres—report the smallest recreational income at $2,500 per farm.
- Among all farms reporting recreational income, the household net worth of farm operators with recreational income is higher than average, with a median net worth of about $794,000 versus $457,000 without recreation.