Experienced guides, the Guide & Outfitters Recognized Professional training program is for you! GORP will raise the value of your guiding services.
Aspiring guides, the Guide & Outfitters Recognized Professional training program will give you a great foundation for your future business.
Registration is open through June 16, 2020. During the registration process you will be directed to a page (see image below) to set up account with apps.ideal-logic.com with Oregon State University. CLICK HERE for instructions if needed.
BECOME A GORP GUIDE – Guide & Outfitter Recognized Professional !
GORP WINTER 2020:
The GORP TRAINING PROGRAM provides a broad
range of knowledge and skills essential to successful
The content is organized into four
courses: Global, National, State, and Local.
GLOBAL content is useful business information for
all guides, anywhere; content includes group
management, customer service, sustainability,
marketing, personal interpretation skills, and basic
terrestrial and marine ecology & more.
NATIONAL and STATE courses provide key
economics, agencies, and natural feature
LOCAL course content includes identification of 101
local species of plants and animals, knowledge of
local history, natural resource agencies, natural
features, towns, and tourism organizations etc.
All this prepares you to meet the International
Adventure Travel Guide Qualifications and
Performance Standard , the ATTA Guide Standard.
GORP WINTER 2020 Syllabus:
- All GORP program courses are free using discount code GORPC19.
- GORP Spring 2020 session opens Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 8:00 am pst
- Proceed through the coursework online from home at your own pace and schedule
- GORP courses close Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 8:00 pm pst . All coursework for all four courses must be completed by this deadline.
- Conference Call & Webinar GORP Certificate Presentation with OSP-Fish & Wildlife Officer presents on Fishing Regulations with Q&A. Tuesday, April 7 2020 @5:30pm pst, attendance encouraged.
- Industry & Business Management Events. Attendance encouraged. Events subject to change.
- Registration opens for GORP SPRING 2020 Session
- OSP speaks on Fishing Regulations
- Tips on Creating Special Value in Your Services
- Facebook & Instagram Marketing
- Salmon Biology & Populations along Oregon Coast
- CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS ON THESE EVENTS
The enrollment process will take you to apps.ideal-logic.com. Once your registration has been submitted. You will receive an email confirming your registration. A couple of days later you will receive a second email with details on how to access your course.
As a reminder the web address to log into your courses is https://canvas.instructure.com/
ALSO: “INTERNET EXPLORER” browser will not work for Canvas.